1. Provides ultra-low latency data transmission. 2. Ful […]
1. Provides ultra-low latency data transmission.
2. Fully transparent to network protocols.
3. Data line speed forwarding is implemented using a dedicated ASIC chip. The programmable ASIC combines multiple functions onto a single chip. It has the advantages of simple design, high reliability, and low power consumption, which enables the device to achieve higher performance and lower cost.
4. Rack-mount devices provide hot-swap capability for easy maintenance and non-stop upgrades.
5. The network management equipment can provide network diagnosis, upgrade, status report, abnormal situation report and control functions, and can provide complete operation logs and alarm logs.
6. The device uses a 1+1 power supply design to support ultra-wide power supply voltage for power protection and automatic switching.
7. Support for an extra wide operating temperature range.
8. Supports a full range of transmission distances (0 to 120 km).
When it comes to fiber optic transceivers, people often inevitably compare fiber optic transceivers with switches with optical ports. The following mainly talk about the advantages of fiber optic transceivers relative to optical port switches.
First of all, the optical transceiver plus the ordinary switch is far cheaper than the optical port switch, especially some optical port switches will lose one or even several electrical ports after adding the optical module, so that the operator can largely Reduce upfront investment.
Secondly, since most optical modules of the switch do not have a unified standard, once the optical module is damaged, it needs to be replaced by the same module from the original manufacturer, which brings great trouble to the later maintenance. However, there are no problems in the interconnection and intercommunication between the devices of different manufacturers of optical transceivers. Therefore, once damaged, they can be replaced by other manufacturers' products, which is very easy to maintain.
In addition, the optical transceiver is more complete than the optical port switch in the transmission distance. Of course, the optical port switch also has advantages in many aspects, such as unified management and unified power supply, which will not be discussed here.